CrimeNews

14 Dead, 17 injured in San Bernardino shooting

14 people were killed and 17 wounded in a mass shooting that took place in San Bernardino, California today at roughly 11 a.m. The motive of the of the shooting is unclear, but it is believed that there were at least three assailants, according to a press conference with the San Bernardino Police Department.

The assailants attacked with long guns and are believed to have fled the scene in a dark SUV. The attack occurred at the offices of Inland Regional Services, a facility that offers services for people with developmental disabilities, according to police.

All injured have been taken to various hospitals as authorities are continuing to sweep the building. No weapons have been recovered at this time and the assailants appeared prepared.

“These were people that came prepared to do what they did, as if they were on a mission,” said San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan.

Information subject to change as the investigation unfolds.

Note: Officials originally stated that 14 people were injured, but later updated the number to 17. 

Olivia Decklar Contributed to the post

Eric Schucht

Eric Schucht

Eric is a videographer for The Emerald. A journalism major at the University of Oregon, Eric spends his free time failing at parallel parking and searching for the lost television remote.