GolfSports

Oregon men’s golf signs three to National Letters of Intent

Head coach Casey Martin signed three golfers to National Letters of Intent on Monday, according to a press release from GoDucks.com.

Martin announced the signing of Kevin Geniza, Roberto Lebrija and Teddy Oitzman to his 2016 recruiting class.

Geniza won back-to-back 5A Oregon state prep championships for Crescent Valley High School. The Corvallis, Oregon native most recently won USGA Amateur Four-Ball Qualifier in Portland last month.

Lebrija, a Mexico City native currently residing in Rancho Santa Fe, California, took home medal honors at the US Amateur qualifying with a 5-under 68 scorecard in July.

Also from Rancho Santa Fe, Teddy Oitzman  carded a 3-under over three rounds to finish fourth at the 2015 High School Champions Invitational in Palm Springs, one of the most elite high school tournaments in the nation. In July, Oitzman sank 10 birdies across two rounds to win by two strokes (-5) at the FCG Challenge Cup in San Diego.

One year after signing Edwin Yi and Sam Foust to National Letters of Intent, Martin has added three golfers to compete for the Ducks in the future.

Oregon begins its spring season Feb. 4 at the Amer Ari Invitational in Waikoloa, Hawaii.

Follow Will Denner on Twitter @Will_Denner 

Will Denner

Will Denner

Will Denner is a senior journalism major at the University of Oregon. He covers football and men's golf for the Emerald. Email Will at [email protected] with tips, questions and comments.