CrimeNews

Near-robbery and sexual misconduct reported on UO property this week

The University of Oregon Police Department notified students via email of two crimes reported on UO property Thursday evening.

The email described the first incident as a man touching himself inappropriately on Wednesday between 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. by the Knight Law Center on East 15th Avenue and Agate Street, as observed by a woman in the library.

In the second incident, a male student encountered a man in the parking lot of Autzen Stadium just before 7:00 p.m. on Thursday night. According to the email, the man asked the student what he had in his possession, but soon walked north after the student turned away.

The first perpetrator is described as “a white man in his 20s and sweatpants.” The second suspect is a white man in his “20s to early 30s,” 5-foot-10 with average build, wearing a black zip-up hoodie with “possibly an emblem on the chest,” and blue or black pants.

Investigations are still being conducted. Anyone with information about either of the crimes are asked to call UOPD: (541)-346-2919.

More to come.

Olivia Decklar

Olivia Decklar

Olivia Decklar is a videographer for the Daily Emerald. You can catch her listening to Hamilton the Musical at full volume any day of the week.