Uncategorized

University Housing adds 344 liquor and drug violations to crime log

257 liquor and 87 drug law violations were added to the University of Oregon Police Department’s crime log on Nov. 4. All of the incidents, which took place primarily in the residence halls, were handled through student conduct.

Although the incidents were only added recently, they reflect violations that have taken place throughout fall 2014. UOPD Public Information Officer Kelly McIver said that University Housing, which handles the bulk of liquor and drug violations in student housing, periodically sends data to the UOPD to be put on the crime log.

Otherwise, Week 6 numbers reflected normal campus crime trends trends – bike thefts and substance violations. The Kid Cudi concert on Nov. 6 likely contributed to the cluster of incidents surrounding Matthew Knight Arena on the same day.

Follow Dahlia Bazzaz on Twitter @dahliabazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia is the 2015-2016 Editor in Chief of the Emerald. Before becoming EIC, she worked as a crime reporter and columnist. She has also interned with Oregon Public Broadcasting.

When she's not in the Emerald newsroom, she enjoys listening to podcasts and figuring out ways to meet Amy Poehler.

You can contact Dahlia via email: [email protected]