Quick HitsSports

Oregon volleyball splits in Washington, football makes it 12 straight wins against Huskies

– At 3-3, Oregon needed a win to get its season back-on-track. And that’s exactly what they did. Oregon went into Washington and defeated the Huskies 26-20. The Emerald’s Kenny Jacoby wrote Oregon’s win over Washington is “only the beginning” of a season turnaround. Wide receiver Darren Carrington had a big game for the Ducks after a 10-month hiatus.

Here are photos from the Oregon win courtesy of the Emerald’s photo staff.

– Oregon football wasn’t the only team from Eugene playing in Washington this week. Oregon volleyball was swept by No. 4 Washington in straight sets on Friday, but responded with a win against Washington State on Sunday.

– Oregon women’s soccer fell at home to USC on Friday night, 4-0. Here are photos from the game.

Oregon cross country had a strong performance at Pre-Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky.

Four-star defensive back Jared Mayden reaffirmed his commitment to Oregon on Twitter, saying “the Oregon Family is great and will only get stronger from here.”

Follow Joseph Hoyt on Twitter @JoeJHoyt.

Joseph Hoyt

Joseph Hoyt

Joseph is in his third year as a sports reporter at the Emerald. If you have any questions for the reporter, email Joseph at [email protected]