LacrosseSports

Oregon lacrosse adds program alum Colleen Taggart to staff

Last month, Oregon lacrosse assistant coach Jen Derby left the program after a decorated career as both a coach and student-athlete in Eugene. This month, Oregon lacrosse head coach Jen Beck announced Derby’s successor in the program — Colleen Taggart — in a release by the Athletic Department.

Taggart joins Beck’s staff after spending four years in Eugene playing for the Ducks. She was a member of the program from 2009-12. She lettered all four years and started 63 games as a defender. In 2013, she served as an undergraduate assistant coach under Beck.

“I am thrilled to have Colleen Taggart join our staff,” Beck said in the release. “Colleen was an integral member of our team during her four years as an athlete here, and I look forward to the contributions she will make as a member of the staff. I am excited to have her leadership and experience back with our program.”

Taggart — a native of Bay Shore, New York — earned first-team All-Mountain Pacific Sports Federation selections during her sophomore and senior seasons. She was voted team captain in three of her four years on the team.

Follow Jonathan Hawthorne on Twitter @Jon_Hawthorne

Jonathan Hawthorne

Jonathan Hawthorne

Jonathan was an associate sports editor during the 2016-17 school year and worked at the Emerald from 2013-17. He covered women's basketball and football.