CrimeNews

Northern Arizona University shooting leaves 3 wounded, 1 dead

A shooting left one dead and three wounded after a confrontation between two groups of students in a parking lot at Northern Arizona University.  Steven Jones, an 18-year-old freshman at NAU, was taken into custody without incident, according to the New York Times.

Jones has been charged with first-degree murder and three felony counts of aggravated assault, according to the Washington Post.

The wounded students include Nicholas Prato, Nicholas Piring, and Kyle Zientek. Colin Brough, another student from NAU, was killed. All four victims were a part of the same fraternity, Delta Chi, and are being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center, according to the New York Times.

The incident occurred sometime after 1 a.m. and took place near Mountain View Hall on campus.

This is the second college campus shooting in eight days, with the last being the recent shooting at Umpqua Community College.

Eric Schucht

Eric Schucht

Eric is a videographer for The Emerald. A journalism major at the University of Oregon, Eric spends his free time failing at parallel parking and searching for the lost television remote.