AcademicsNews

Live blog: day 2 of UO Board of Trustees meeting

Today the University of Oregon Board of Trustees continue to hold their quarterly meeting. The day will be considerably more active, as the trustees vote on several key decisions.

The trustees will be joined by Governor Kate Brown, who will start the meeting with her vision for higher education in Oregon. Yesterday many board members stressed the need for more state funding, so a meeting with the governor should be interesting.

From there the board will begin to vote on motions the Academic and Student Affairs Committee and the Finance and Facilities Committee approved yesterday. These include adjustments to board member conduct codes, approval of renovations on campus and of course projects like the Marcus Mariota Sports Performance Center.

To end the public section of the meeting, the Vice President for Research and Innovation Brad Shelton, AVP for Research and Innovation Cass Mosely and Professor Karen Guillemin will discuss sponsored research at the university.

The board will have a final executive section, closed to the public, to discuss updates on collective bargaining. These include recent contract agreements between the university and it’s staff and faculty.

Follow the live blog to get immediate updates. Watch it below or click here to open a new tab in your browser.

Live Blog 9/11/15 BOT meeting – day 2

Noah McGraw

Noah McGraw

Noah is the 2016-17 Senior News Editor at the Emerald. His earliest journalistic influences were Tom Wolfe, Eric Schlosser and Batman. He loves '70s comics, '80s action movies and '90s music.