AcademicsAdministrationNews

Board of Trustees approved all construction projects and university budget in a single vote

On the second day of its once-a-term meeting, the University of Oregon Board of Trustees approved every resolution on the meeting agenda in a single vote Friday morning.

Here are the items they approved:

• Awarding a license to begin construction of a 29,000-square-foot sport performance center for student athletes on the first floor of the Casanova Center. The “Marcus Mariota Sports Performance Center” is fully funded through private donations.
  • Renovations to increase Hayward Field’s capacity to 30,000 seats in 2016.
  • Renovations to Chapman and Klamath Hall.
  • Construction of a new College and Careers building which will house the College of Arts and Sciences.
  • Allowing earlier input from students in the yearly tuition-setting process.
  • The university’s finalized budget for fiscal year 2016.

This meeting is ongoing. Follow our live blog of this meeting and keep checking the Emerald website and Twitter for minute-by-minute updates until the meeting ends at 12:15 p.m.

Follow Dahlia Bazzaz on Twitter: @dahliabazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia is the 2015-2016 Editor in Chief of the Emerald. Before becoming EIC, she worked as a crime reporter and columnist. She has also interned with Oregon Public Broadcasting.

When she's not in the Emerald newsroom, she enjoys listening to podcasts and figuring out ways to meet Amy Poehler.

You can contact Dahlia via email: [email protected]