Board of Trustees approved all construction projects and university budget in a single vote
Here are the items they approved:
- Awarding a license to begin construction of a 29,000-square-foot sport performance center for student athletes on the first floor of the Casanova Center. The “Marcus Mariota Sports Performance Center” is fully funded through private donations.
- Renovations to increase Hayward Field’s capacity to 30,000 seats in 2016.
- Renovations to Chapman and Klamath Hall.
- Construction of a new College and Careers building which will house the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Allowing earlier input from students in the yearly tuition-setting process.
- The university’s finalized budget for fiscal year 2016.
Follow Dahlia Bazzaz on Twitter: @dahliabazzaz.
Do you appreciate independent student journalism? Emerald Media Group is a non-profit organization. Please consider a donation to support our mission.