AcademicsAdministrationNews

Live blog: day 1 of UO Board of Trustees meeting

Day one of the University of Oregon Board of Trustees meeting has arrived. While the board will not vote on anything today, there are several key issues being discussed. The meeting is open to the public, and is taking place in the Giustina Ballroom at the Ford Alumni Center.

Emerald reporter Noah McGraw will be live blogging the event throughout both days.

The meeting begins at 1 p.m. with some academic presentations by UO professors which highlight the School of Journalism and the Humanities programs. After presentations, the board has left time for the public to give comments on the topics being discussed later in the meeting.

UO President Michael Schill will then address the board. This will be Schill’s first meeting as a board member.

To end the afternoon, the board will give an update on some of the legislative projects at the university. These include an increase in state funding for the university, the purchase of an Earthquake Early Warning System, and reimbursement for the university’s Meningitis Vaccine Program. The meeting should wrap up around 5.

Day two of the meeting will commence Friday at 9 a.m.

For minute-by-minute updates during the BOT meeting, you can either watch the stream below or click here to open a new tab on your browser to view the live blog. (Updates will begin once meeting starts at 1 p.m.)

Live Blog 9/10/15 BOT meeting: day 1
Follow Noah McGraw on Twitter: @mcnoahmcgraw.  

Noah McGraw

Noah McGraw

Noah is the 2016-17 Senior News Editor at the Emerald. His earliest journalistic influences were Tom Wolfe, Eric Schlosser and Batman. He loves '70s comics, '80s action movies and '90s music.