DuckSeasonFootballSports

Duck Season: Previewing the defensive backs

**Editor’s Note: This story first appeared in the Emerald’s Duck Season magazine, a preview of the Oregon football team’s upcoming season that is currently available for free at all Duck Store locations in Eugene. We will post each story in the days leading up to the first day of fall practice on Aug. 10.

Perhaps no group lost more depth at the end of last season than the defensive backs. Reggie Daniels is the only returning starter, while Ifo Ekpre-Olumu, Troy Hill and Erick Dargan are fighting to make NFL rosters. Tyree Robinson appears to have the strong safety spot locked up, and cornerback Chris Seisay, who was thrust into a starting role when Ekpre-Olumu was injured late last season, should be a starter. The competition between recently converted DB Charles Nelson and true freshman Ugo Amadi for the opposite spot is particularly intriguing. Nelson has the athletic ability, but is still raw. Amadi is still adjusting to the speed of the college game. Sophomore Arrion Springs should be in the mix as well.

Follow Will Denner on Twitter @Will_Denner

Will Denner

Will Denner

Will Denner is a senior journalism major at the University of Oregon. He covers football and men's golf for the Emerald. Email Will at [email protected] with tips, questions and comments.