CityCrimeNews

Report: Four juveniles allegedly involved in Civic Stadium fire officially charged

The four juveniles responsible for last week’s fire at Civic Stadium are facing additional charges, according to the Register-Guard.

The four boys, three 12-year-olds and one 10-year-old, are facing first-degree arson as well as reckless endangering.

All three 12-year old boys are in custody at the Serbu Juvenile Detention Center in Eugene. It’s unknown whether or not the 10-year old is in custody at this time, according to the report.

The Eugene Police Department announced Thursday that the boys had initially been charged with second-degree arson for the Civic Stadium fire.

The report also said two of the four boys are facing charges for a previous fire in the south Eugene neighborhood, according to Deputy District Attorney Patty Perlow. Perlow believes the additional fire was started in a dumpster.

All four boys appeared in court on Monday. A judge could make a ruling on the case when the four boys return to court on Sept. 1 for a fact-finding hearing.

Follow Joseph Hoyt on Twitter @JoeJHoyt

Joseph Hoyt

Joseph Hoyt

Joseph is in his third year as a sports reporter at the Emerald. If you have any questions for the reporter, email Joseph at [email protected]