Grad GuideSpecial Sections

Grad Guide 2015: This is everything you will miss about college life

After four years of the quarter system, life can seem a little drab. Graduating is the perfect way to spice up your schedule and put a little oomph in your routine. But eventually you’ll come to miss all the good times little ol’ Eugene had to offer.

Sitting on the porch at Taylor’s, or Rennie’s, on a sunny day

Honestly, nothing really compares to the feeling of sun on your back and a cool beer in your hand. Plus, nothing like those cheesy bacon tots to bring it full circle.

The freedom of finishing classes early

Most likely, you’ll be working set hours each day. I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy being finished with my classes at noon each day. Then I have the whole day to just haaaang. Or maybe you’re just skipping. Either way.

Being involved in five different extracurriculars at once

Everyone knows that one person who’s involved in a million different activities. But after college there are no more intramural sports, Fraternity and Sorority Life, theater, choir…. The list goes on. You’ve got one job, and that’s probably it.

Drink specials

Quarter beers. Rennie’s trivia. Dollar beers. Drink wheel. Closing Max’s (because that’s every other day of the week).

The Rec

Because you’re essentially getting a free gym membership for four years… And after the remodel no one is going to complain about that.

It’s like a giant sleepover for four years

Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to work in the same town as your besties, but it’s more likely that you’ll be hundreds of miles apart. Never again will you be able to have an impromptu hang out with some of the people who know you best.

Follow Kira Hoffelmeyer on Twitter @kirahoffy

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.