25 DucksSpecial Sections

25 Ducks: Kevin Loder

Age: 26

Hometown: Salem, Oregon

Major: PR

Year: Senior

Dream Job: I see myself working in higher ed… whether that be on a campus or an international office I want to be supporting student success through communication and development of resources for students.

Why did you choose U of O?

For the PR major … it has just been a natural thing.

How/Why do you want to change the world?

I’ve been inspired by my experience as a college student to pursue a career in higher ed to help more students have as rewarding of a college experience as they can through opportunities outside of the classroom.

What’s the best part of your college experience?

My internships. I am currently in my fifth internship and by the time that I complete college I expect to have completed seven. Those have and will have played a crucial part in transitioning from college to a career.

What are you proud to have been part of at U of O?

Department of Student Life.

What are your goals after college?

I’ve applied to volunteer at the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro … that is my first goal after graduation. Some international experience.

Who’s your biggest role model/influencer?

A classmate of mine, Abbie Mulligan, she is the president of PRSSA. I’m not only impressed by her work ethic and what she accomplishes, but also she’s impressed upon me the potential opportunities as an emerging PR professional.

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.