25 DucksSpecial Sections

25 Ducks: Gordon Levitt

Age: 25

Hometown: Mosier, Oregon

Year: Third Year Dual Degree Student in the Law School

Major: Environmental Law

Dream Job: Governor of Oregon that IS THE ULTIMATE AMBITION

Why are you attending UO?

“I’m at the UO because the environmental program is really strong. Ultimately, I would like to address climate change and other environmental problems.

How/why do you want to change the world?

“I want to change the world by developing better laws and process for breaching political divides and making it easier to communicate about the environment and challenges that we face.”

What has been the best part of your college experience?

“The best part of my time at the University of Oregon law school was organizing the public interest environmental law conference. It was great to facilitate such a large event with students and attorneys from world.”

What are you proud to have been involved with at UO? 

“Land Air Water, it’s the student environmental law society.  And I really enjoyed involved being involved with Alpine ski racing team.”

What are some of your goals after college?

“Once I’m finished with my law degree, I first want to pass the bar exam. I then want to get a job in environmental law or policy.”

Whose your biggest role model/influencer?

“I have to say that my biggest role model is my mother. She taught me the value of hard work, optimism, and most importantly, having fun in what you’re doing.”

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.