25 DucksSpecial Sections

25 Ducks: Dyuce Woodson

Age: 19

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism major/ political science minor

Dream Job: To have my own part time news show on ESPN

Why are you attending UO?

The journalism school and the connection that sports has with the journalism school. We’re able to work alongside professionals.

How/why do you want to change the world?

It’s far from perfect and a lot of really social issues have yet to be resolved. Also, I can be an example to African American students that they don’t need to be an athlete or a rapper to be considered successful. There are other avenues that they can go to.

What has been the best part of your college experience?

Working with Duck TV since my first term in college. Just growing and learning from them and meeting great people and learning so much about the industry and having that help me get the connections that I need and raise confidence that I have to reach my overall goal of getting a job.

What are you proud to have been involved with at UO?

Being a reporter/ anchor for Duck TV and as of this term, being a producer.

What are some of your goals after college?

To work at a news station some place and maybe be a producer or a reporter or anchor. And from there rise through the ranks and get to ESPN and try to get my dream job.

Who’s your biggest role model/influencer?

My biggest direct role model would have to be my parents. They instilled in me the values that I have today and the way that I think and the attitude that I have about a lot of things. Indirectly, the late Stuart Scott. He’s made me want to become an ESPN anchor and he did such a great job doing that- he revolutionized it. Another person is Barack Obama because he’s an example to African American males that you don’t have to be a rapper or an athlete to have success.

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.