25 DucksSpecial Sections

25 Ducks: Brittany Lang

Age: 22

Hometown: Tempe, Arizona

Year: Senior

Major: Product Design

Dream Job: An outdoor professor who teaches social justice through design thinking.

Why did you choose U of O?

I’m in love with the place, the people, and the culture. I feel like it’s the best environment for me to be.

How/Why do you want to change the world?

I feel like our purpose on earth as human beings is to do good. So that just makes sense to me … just do your best and try hard and surround yourself with people who do better than you, make them challenge you.

What’s the best part of your college experience?

All the people I’ve met in college. All of them. People I didn’t like even.

What are you proud to have been part of at U of O?

Design for America. It’s a club that existed on campus before I even came here and I had the pleasure of working with five other individuals at the beginning of the year to basically redesign the club.

What are your goals after college?

I just want to keep growing, I want to keep traveling, and I want to keep learning. And I want to have a good time.

Who’s your biggest role model/influencer?

Definitely my dad. I just feel like he lives his life the way people are supposed to live their lives.

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.