ASUONews

ASUO Senate spends smallest amount of surplus this year at meeting

The ASUO Senate spent only $2,958 at its meeting on April 15, the smallest amount allocated this year.

Two groups that presented special requests, the Men’s Center and the Multicultural Center, transferred funds within their own groups to new line items. Senate allocated funds to Young Americans for Liberty for a barbecue. It also allocated money to the Women’s Center for its feminist publication The Siren, to the LGBTQA for a conference in Montana and to the Asian Culture Communication Association for its Japanese comic event.

Senate also formed two working groups. Senator Sammy Cohen brought forth the first, regarding the Counseling and Testing Center’s new policies about the confidentiality of student records. Senator Andrew Lubash proposed the second, which pertained to the ASUO’s contract with the Athletics Department.

Surplus is now at $38,213 when taking into account the $70,000 restriction that Senate passed on surplus. In total, $108,213 remains.

Senate meetings are Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. in the EMU Walnut Room. You can learn more about the ASUO here.

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.