ASUONews

Helena Schlegel wins ASUO presidential election

The results of the runoff election are in: Helena Schlegel is the new ASUO president for the 2015-2016 school year.

Miles Sisk of We Are Oregon received 1,412 votes, Helena Schlegel of UO Forward received 1,604 votes.

Earlier today the ASUO Constitution Court denied an appeal from the We Are Oregon campaign to stay the release of the elections results.

“Thank you so much to all my peers that supported myself and the UO Forward team through this election. We are all so honored and excited to be working with the UO student body next year” Schlegel said.

“I would to thank all of the We are Oregon supporters, I know for a fact that we ran the cleanest and most ethical campaign this ASUO has ever seen. Every vote we got, we’ve got because we fought for it, and we fought hard, and I have never worked with a better group of people in my life” Sisk said.

Run Off Results

Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Former Japan Times intern. Daily Emerald reporter and FishDuck editor. Tokyo-Singapore-Houston-Eugene, but Oregonian forever. West Ham United and Portland Timbers fan.

If you got a tip for me on an issue you feel I should be covering, don't hesitate to leave me an email ([email protected]).