ASUONews

Sisk, Schlegel advance to runoff election

The 2015 ASUO runoff election will be between Miles Sisk of We Are Oregon and Helena Schlegel of UO Forward.

The Elections Board is still investigating a grievance filed by We Are Oregon that calls for Schlegel’s removal from the ballot in the case of a runoff.

Schlegel and the executive for UO Forward received 1374 votes. Sisk and the executive of We Are Oregon received 1359 votes.

Joaquin Ramos and Ducks F.I.R.S.T executive candidates received 344 votes.

All three of the measures on the ballot passed.

Here’s a list of the candidates in the runoff election that will take place next week.

President: Miles Sisk of We Are Oregon and Helena Schlegel of UO Forward

Senate Seat 1, PFC (1 year): Kevin Dobyns of UO Forward and Erin Horwitz of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 3, PFC (2 year): Kate Klosno of We Are Oregon and Zach Lusby of UO Forward

Senate Seat 4, EMU Board (1 year): Shea Northfield of UO Forward and AJ Aljaafari of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 6, EMU Board (2 year): Kiley Wilson of UO Forward and Kenneth Ancell of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 8, ACFC (2 year): Evan Roth of We Are Oregon and Andrew Dunn of UO Forward

Senate Seat 10, DFC (2 year): Max Burns of UO Forward and Claudia Mechrandod of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 13, Music, Art and Public Policy (2 year): Brianna Nicolello of We Are Oregon and Morgan Snook of UO Forward

Senate Seat 16, Life Sciences (1 year): Hao Tan of We Are Oregon and Nakai Corral of UO Forward

Senate Seat 17, Social Studies (2 year): Rachel Nicholson of We Are Oregon and Amy Schenk of UO Forward

Senate Seat 18, Physical and Computer Sciences (1 year): Nicole Hendrix of UO Forward and Rimi Yoneya of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 19, Psychology, Sociology and Humanities (2 year): Audrey Momoh of UO Forward and Kelsey George of We Are Oregon

Senate Seat 23, Graduate Studies: Sciences and Law (2 year): Judah Largent of Ducks F.I.R.S.T. and Cavan Davies of We Are Oregon

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.