ASUONews

Your step-by-step guide to voting in this year’s ASUO elections

DuckWeb Information System: a portal for class registration, vintage HTML goodness — and voting in ASUO elections. If you haven’t voted in this year’s election yet, here’s a short guide to casting your vote before the online poll closes at 4 p.m. this Friday, April 3. We know you’ll be on there anyway, trying to drop that boring class before syllabus week is over.

Step 1: Read the Emerald’s guide to the ballot measures and candidates. It’ll help you sort through the jargon if you don’t normally keep up on student government. The University of Oregon was supposed to release an interactive voting guide on Tuesday, but nothing has been posted on the website as of Wednesday evening. If you’re confused about choosing candidates for senate seats, each party has a list of its candidates on its website: UO Forward, Ducks F.I.R.S.T. and We Are Oregon.

Step 2:  Log into DuckWeb. Curse the PAC you chose your freshman year.

Step 3:  Once you’re on the main page, click on the “Student Menu” tab near the top of the page. This is the same tab you click on to register for classes or to view your degree audit.

Step 4: Click on “Vote Now: 2015 ASUO Regular Election.” It’s the first link on the menu page.

Step 5: Vote.

It shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes, and your vote matters; the result of the presidential election was changed after a runoff last year.

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia is the 2015-2016 Editor in Chief of the Emerald. Before becoming EIC, she worked as a crime reporter and columnist. She has also interned with Oregon Public Broadcasting.

When she's not in the Emerald newsroom, she enjoys listening to podcasts and figuring out ways to meet Amy Poehler.

You can contact Dahlia via email: [email protected]