ASUONews

Ducks F.I.R.S.T. becomes second campaign to launch website for ASUO elections

Ducks F.I.R.S.T. launched its campaign website on March 15, putting forth Joaquin Ramos as its presidential candidate, Suzanne Barrientos for internal vice president and Elle Mallon for external vice president.

Ducks F.I.R.S.T’s platform is embedded in its name. The acronym stands for Free HIV testing, Inclusive spaces, Resources, Student jobs and Tuition affordability.

Ramos is this year’s ASUO state affairs commissioner and is also involved in MEcHA.

Barrientos is the diversity coordinator at the Women’s Center. Mallon is the ASUO gender and sexuality diversity advocate and is involved in the LGBTQA.

The group’s Facebook page and Twitter have been up since March 9 and 13, respectively. Their website also provides a full list of their candidates.

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.