ASUO

Helena Schlegel named as presidential candidate on UO Forward slate

The progressive campaign UO Forward launched its website and Facebook page today, with Helena Schlegel as its candidate for president, and Claire Johnson and Francisco Morales-O’Connor both as vice presidential candidates.

According to the campaign’s website, UO Forward’s platform is “striving towards safety, an inclusive campus culture, and expanding campus connectivity.”

Schlegel is the student member on the board of trustees, a position that she has held since finals week of fall term. She is a junior economics and Spanish double major and has various experience in campus involvement.

Johnson is a public relations major and a member of Chi Omega sorority. Morales-O’Connor holds ASUO Senate Seat 12 and is majoring in Spanish.

The full list of candidates can be found here.

The ASUO elections board held an informational meeting March 2 and will hold a mandatory candidate meeting later in the week.

Follow Kaylee Tornay on Twitter @ka_tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.