SportsWomen's Tennis

Oregon women’s tennis team lose two players, gain one

As of February 21, sophomores Allie and Kadie Hueffner are no longer a part of the Oregon women’s tennis team, Oregon Athletics has confirmed. The sisters had been walk-ons for the last two seasons, but had regularly started in matches. The two were the only walk-ons.

“Effective Saturday, Feb. 21, Allie and Kadie Hueffner have left the program,” said head coach Alison Silverio. “We would like to thank Allie and Kadie for all that they’ve done for the women’s tennis program the past year and a half and wish them the best in their future endeavors.”

With their departure, the team’s roster temporarily dropped from eight to six players. However, only five were active due to Sofia Hager sitting out with an injury. Five players meant that Oregon would automatically default one point per match. Fortunately, Oregon recently acquired Paloma Gomez as another walk-on before playing their next game. Gomez has played for the UO women’s tennis club team.

Follow Anne Yilmaz on Twitter @anneyilmaz

Anne Yilmaz

Anne Yilmaz

Anne is a senior sports reporter for the Emerald. Her beats are ACHA hockey, NCAA women's tennis and club sports.
You can reach her on Twitter @anneyilmaz.