News PodcastsPodcast

The Weekly Show with Alex and Dahlia: will Greek life be allowed to grow at the UO?

Warning: some of the content in this episode of The Weekly Show could be triggering to some listeners.

This week on the Emerald news podcast, reporters Dahlia Bazzaz and Alexandra Wallachy discuss how a resolution developed by ASUO Senator and Delta Tau Delta Andrew Lubash could halt the expansion of Greek life at the University of Oregon.

The resolution was based on numbers released by UO psychology professor Jennifer Freyd that revealed female members of Greek life at the UO were three times more likely to be sexually assaulted during their time in college.

In the latter half of the show, we discuss Jon Stewart leaving The Daily Show, Governor John Kitzhaber’s resignation, and the Twitter hashtag #breakupwithafilm.

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia Bazzaz

Dahlia is the 2015-2016 Editor in Chief of the Emerald. Before becoming EIC, she worked as a crime reporter and columnist. She has also interned with Oregon Public Broadcasting.

When she's not in the Emerald newsroom, she enjoys listening to podcasts and figuring out ways to meet Amy Poehler.

You can contact Dahlia via email: [email protected]