ASUONews

ASUO external VP arrested Monday evening

ASUO External Vice President Patrick Kindred was arrested at 7:50 p.m.  on Feb. 9 outside of 7-Eleven on 13th Avenue and Alder for second degree criminal trespass, second degree criminal mischief, resisting arrest and was later charged with disorderly conduct. On the morning of Feb. 10 the charge of criminal mischief was dropped.

Kindred was arrested by UOPD. The contact began at the edge of campus on 13th and Kincaid.

Kindred suffered a concussion in 2014 and has been dealing with the effects since then. He was responsible for a post on the Ducks Like You Facebook page on Feb. 6. Police are also reportedly investigating a series of other Facebook posts on Kindred’s personal account, some of which contained threats. These posts have since been deleted, but some of them appeared on social media only a short time before Kindred’s arrest.

“We can confirm that there is an active law enforcement investigation into the social media,” UOPD spokesperson Kelly McIver said. “Any time the university becomes aware of some information that gives people concern or might involve a threat it’s something that we take seriously.”

ASUO President Beatriz Gutierrez delivered the following comment regarding Kindred:

“He’s not just someone I work with. He’s also our friend and we care very deeply about his health, and our priority is his health and we would really appreciate if people would respect the privacy and sensitivity of the situation.”

According to Chief of Staff Lamar Wise, Kindred remains in the position of External VP.

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.