GameDay links: News and analysis leading up to Oregon-Oregon State
Oregon knows who its facing next Friday in the Pac-12 Championship game now. Yet, the road to the inaugural College Football Playoff could take quite the turn with a slip-up at Reser Stadium in Corvallis, Ore. Saturday.
A win for Oregon State would make the Beavers bowl eligible, not to mention snap a winless streak that goes back to 2007 in the Civil War.
Here’s a set of links to help prepare for what lies ahead in this historic rivalry:
– A guide to what match-ups and players to watch out for.
– The game has major implications for both teams. However, staff reporter Ryan Kostecka writes this week’s GameDay cover about how much more the Civil War has come to mean in Oregon.
– Here’s how Oregon and Oregon State stack up.
– The Barometer offers a take on why Oregon State will beat Oregon.
– Another big performance from Marcus Mariota could solidify his status as the nation’s best player.
Be sure to follow along throughout the day for more news and updates from the Emerald. In addition, follow along on Twitter by using the hashtag #UOvsOSU.
Follow Justin Wise on Twitter @JustinFWise
Do you appreciate independent student journalism? Emerald Media Group is a non-profit organization. Please consider a donation to support our mission.