Arts & CultureFashionNightlife

6 outfit ideas you should be thankful for this Thanksgiving

No matter where you are going for Thanksgiving or whom you are spending it with, these fashion boards created specifically for Ducks will help you find an appropriate outfit. Thankful yet?

1. Women’s Fancy Thanksgiving

This outfit features a cranberry color dress to keep you seasonally stunning and layers a fur coat to give the outfit some dimension and a little warmth. Hopefully, you will be inside. If not, feel free to add a black peacoat to maintain a classic look, some tights and maybe colorful tall socks that peep out from the gray booties.

Fancy Thankgiving

2. Men’s Fancy Thanksgiving

This outfit is just so nice, I think girls everywhere would be thankful to see a man dressed like this at their Thanksgiving celebration. While the backpack is not necessary, consider stashing some champagne for you and your significant other to enjoy later, or to store that leftover turkey to bring back to the mini fridge in your dorm room.

Men's Fancy Thanksgiving

3. Thanksgiving with Family

Top two reasons why you don’t want to wear anything tight for Thanksgiving dinner with your family: 1. For once in your life you don’t have to wear tight clothes (Rejoice! Especially since you’re about to eat three times your weight in mashed potatoes.) 2. While you might be thankful for the way body con skirts look on your body, your grandparents won’t be as thankful. Opt for a more conservative appearance. To maintain a polished look, you’ll need to find comfortable jeans that maintain some shape, I suggest jeggings. Jeggings will provide the stretch and the shape you need, plus they will fit nicely inside your boots. Throw on a nice long necklace, perhaps the one your grandma gave you a few years ago that you never wear. Sorry grandma!

Thanksgiving with Family

4. Cold Thanksgiving

If your headed somewhere cold this Thanksgiving bundle up and choose the right boots for the terrain. A cute knitted sweater will keep you warm along with a colorful beanie and some gloves.

Cold thanksgiving

5. Men’s Casual Thanksgiving

This outfit is very put together for men but still looks laid back. The scarf adds an unexpected element and incorporates fall and winter colors.

Men's Thanksgiving Casual

6. Night out Thanksgiving

This super fancy outfit is perfect for either spending a night out on the town with you significant other or if you’re going to a more formal Thanksgiving event. You can do no wrong with this black dress and the cut at the bottom keeps this dress from being a plain LBD.

Thanksgiving Night Out

Follow Sarah Vella-Labrador on Twitter @SarahKiana95

Sarah Vella-Labrador

Sarah Vella-Labrador