ASUONewsUncategorized

Sisk reporting IP addresses of “bullying” blogs to admin if not terminated

At tonight’s Associated Students of University of Oregon meeting, Senate Vice President Miles Sisk offered an ultimatum.

Senate President Rebecca Rhodes had broached the subject earlier of personal attacks on Senate members through social media. This has been a problem in the past and is continuing with this year’s Senate. Members referred to the social media activity as cyber-bullying.

Senate VP Miles Sisk expressed his dismay at the continuation of such behavior and has no plans to allow it to continue.

Last year there was an hour-long closed discussion of this matter… What is happening on these blogs is cyber-bullying and I believe that this is a crime. The people running these blogs are criminals,” Sisk said. “Frankly, I’m done with it.”

Sisk went on to announce that he will be taking firm action to ensure that the blogs are terminated.

“In response to this, I have communicated with a friend of mine. He has acquired the IP addresses of those blogs. If these blogs are not shut down within the next 48 hours I am turning these in to the administration. They are able to connect these IP addresses to the people running them.”

The discussion was kept short in hopes that the situation will be brought under control quickly.

Senate President Rhodes communicated her distaste for the situation, calling the behavior, “Ridiculous, pathetic, and completely unacceptable.”

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee Tornay

Kaylee is the Emerald's 2015-2016 Hiring and Training Director. Formerly an ASUO reporter for the News Desk and writer for the Arts and Culture Desk, Kaylee has also interned for the Medford Mail Tribune and freelanced for the Bend Bulletin.
Ask her to discuss local journalism or for tips on throwing shade at people who take up too much room on the sidewalk.