SportsWomen's Soccer

Preview: Ducks soccer nears final flight of season against Huskies

In the final stretch of the season, the Ducks’ soccer team heads up to Washington to play the Huskies and Cougars.

The Huskies will host the Ducks on Thursday at 7 p.m. Washington is currently sitting ninth in the conference — one spot above Oregon — with a record of 2-5-1 in the Pac-12 and 9-6-2 overall.
The Ducks (7-8-2, 2-5-1 Pac-12) will look to avoid falling behind using an early goal against a team like Washington. The Huskies attack is led by junior Lindsay Elston and senior Faustine Dufka,@@[email protected]@ who have eight and seven goals, respectively.

Oregon will need strong play out of Lauren Thompson and Nicole Bakke@@[email protected]@ on the back line to combat Washington’s offensive attack as well as a good game from the midfield to allow for scoring opportunities. One player who could be on the scoring end of one of those opportunities is freshman Kristen Parr, who is active now after a one-game suspension due to a team conduct violation. After a strong offensive start to the season, Parr has struggled lately to shoot with volume; but a few goals from her in the final three games could be huge in the Ducks’ effort to win out the final stretch.

Aubrey Wieber

Aubrey Wieber