NewsUncategorized

Top news stories from around Eugene on Oct. 16

Interim City Council member desired

The Eugene City Council is searching for a candidate to represent the West Eugene area, or Ward 6, according to The Register Guard.

Previous Ward 6 council member Pat Farr is expected to be elected as a Lane County Commissioner when general elections take place Nov. 6.

The interim councilor would serve until a special election in May, which would determine who would serve the remainder of Farr’s term scheduled to end in 2014.

EWEB proposing higher energy and water prices for customers

A pending ruling which would raise energy prices by $15 a month is under review by the EWEB board, according to The Register Guard.

EWEB attempted to curve its budget by cutting 38 jobs last summer. The hikes in prices are yet another attempt at meeting a fixed budget.

Weather induces dangerous conditions for drivers

Law enforcement has seen the rate of accidents nearly triple since the wetter conditions, according to KEZI.

Rains are reintroducing oil and debris onto roads that were previously not dangerous to motorists.

Burning season opened by Lane County

Thanks to recent rainfall and a reduction in dry conditions, Lane Regional Air Protection Agency has given the OK for rural Lane County residents to burn their yard debris, according to The Register Guard.

Daily Emerald

Daily Emerald