News

Top 5: News from around Eugene on Sept. 26

Today’s Weather: High — 77, partly cloudy; Low — 47

Eugene City Council votes on EmX

The Eugene City Council will decide at noon today the fate of the Lane Transit District’s construction of 8.8 miles of EmX bus loop route. The Register-Guard reports that the Eugene City Council is expected to support the construction.

Parking permits are going like hot cakes

University of Oregon parking permits are selling, selling, selling! The UO’s Department of Parking and Transportation reports that the sales are going smoothly and that there is more parking available for faculty and students than in previous years, UOPD parking director Gwen [email protected]@http://insideoregon.uoregon.edu/content/[email protected]@ said. If you’re thinking about purchasing a parking permit, check out the website.

Eugene residents left homeless after fire

A house fire on Peppertree Drive in West Eugene left three people homeless and one person at Sacred Heart Medical Center. KEZI reports that Eugene fire responded to the 9-1-1 call at 5:15 a.m. this morning.

Valley River Center ends lease with tattoo parlor

Cry Baby Ink has opened its new location in the Gateway Mall after being evicted from the VRC, KEZI reports.

Spike in criminal activity in downtown Eugene

If you noticed an EPD paddy wagon parked in downtown Eugene Tuesday, it’s part of EPD’s response to an increase in crime this week.

Daily Emerald

Daily Emerald