Law enforcement asks students take caution with gas leak near University
A gas leak near East 23rd Avenue and University Street was announced around noon Thursday. Currently, University students are not asked to evacuate.
“We’re trying to keep people away from the area for about a block in each direction,” Department of Public Safety spokesperson Kelly McIver said.
Crews are currently working on fixing the gas leak.
UPDATE: The Eugene Fire Department issued an “all clear” of the area around 1:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Do you appreciate independent student journalism? Emerald Media Group is a non-profit organization. Please consider a donation to support our mission.