News

Week in Review: Business, health and science

In case you missed last week’s news:

A Harvard study found that iPad use can strain the head and neck.

Password sharing has become popular among high school couples and also University couples.

Other noteworthy news:

To celebrate the birth month of Charles Darwin, the Museum of Natural and Cultural History at the University will host events related to evolution during February. On Feb. 10 and 24, two speakers from the museum’s Darwin Conversations series will lecture about fossil records and fossil beds in the Northwest.

Several countries tax unhealthy food products because they cause harmful health effects. Now, professors from the University of California, San Francisco think sugar products in the United States should be regulated. In an article published in the journal “Nature,” the professors argue that because sugar is responsible for chronic disease and preventable deaths, it should be regulated like alcohol or tobacco.

Scientists at the University of Cambridge found that some individuals may be more likely to become drug addicts because of  abnormalities in the brain. The study, which was published in the journal “Science,” suggests that some people may be “wired” for drug addictions.

Daily Emerald

Daily Emerald