CrimeNews

The Weekend Police Blotter, May 20–22

BY THE NUMBERS

May 20 at midnight through May 22 at noon

12 — Assault Incidents

11 — Property Crimes

45 — Disorderly conduct

2 — Missing person reports

Date: May 21, 2011

Location: Paradice Apartments, 640 E 15th Ave.

Time: 2:08 p.m.

Incident Description: Disorderly subject

A man in his early 20s sat atop an apartment building lobbing water balloons at passing cars, a driver told the police. The driver said his or her car had been hit twice and claimed this had nearly led to a traffic accident. Police responded nine minutes later and did not find the man, but the cooler in which he apparently kept the balloons was still visible.

Date: May 21, 2011

Location: 409 W Broadway

Time: 4:59 p.m.

Incident Description: Violation of city ordinance

A man got out of a white motor home parked on neighboring Lawrence Street to urinate and defecate behind a house, one of the residents called police to allege. The man then returned to his RV.

Date: May 21, 2011

Location: John Henry’s, 77 W Broadway

Time: 6 p.m.

Incident Description: Possession of narcotics

A John Henry’s employee called police to allege that six people were sitting in a circle outside the bar passing around a pipe that contained marijuana.

Date: May 21, 2011

Location: East 13th Avenue from the corner with Pearl Street to the corner with Kincaid Street

Time: 8:21 p.m.

Incident Description: At-large drunk driver

Someone called the police to allege that the driver of a blue station wagon was “weaving on the roadway” and said he would follow the car. A minute later, the driver of the station wagon called to tell police someone was following him, gesturing and also driving a blue station wagon. The first caller pulled over, then drove off again with the second caller now following him. The two of them eventually ended their chase pulled over, half a block apart near the The Duck Store.

Date: May 22, 2011

Location: Duck’s Village, 3225 Kinsrow Ave.

Time: 1:35 a.m.

Incident Description: Fight

Ten combatants, all female, brawled outside an apartment building in Ducks Village for more than five minutes, a caller told a Eugene Police dispatcher. Some of the women were knocked down, but they got back up and continued throwing punches.

Daily Emerald

Daily Emerald