SportsWomen's Tennis

Ducks unable to move up at Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown

The No. 25 Oregon Ducks stagnated during the second round of the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown, finishing the day with a collective 1-over-par 289 at Boulder Creek Golf Club.

Oregon, at 12-over 588 for the tournament, is tied with tournament host UNLV in ninth place, two strokes back of Missouri and six back of Washington and East Carolina. Arkansas (23-under 553) has a commanding lead entering the third and final round over Arizona (5-under 571).

Freshman Raphaela Dyer fell back to even-par for the tournament with a 2-over 74, but senior Kendra Little improved to even-par with a 2-under 70. Both golfers finished the day in a tie for 17th place.

Junior Ashley Edwards also shot 2 under par to move up to a 4-over 148 (tied for 39th place), while senior Monika Graf and sophomore Avery Sills carded second rounds of 75. Graf is tied for 66th place (8-over 152), while Sills is tied for 71st (9-over 153).

Emily Tubert of Arkansas shot a 4-under 68 to move up to 13-under 131 for the tournament, increasing her individual lead to six strokes over teammate Kelli Shean and East Carolina’s Amber Littman.

[email protected]

Daily Emerald

Daily Emerald