GameDayTrack & Field

Oregon track and field adds new talent in first wave of recruiting

Oregon track and field announced the addition of five new members to its 2015 recruiting class Thursday.

The new recruits include nationally ranked student-athletes across multiple events. They are Matthew Maton (Bend, Oregon), Travonn White (Phoenix, Arizona), Tanner Anderson (Spokane, Washington), Cameron Stone (Sacramento, California) and Ronna Stone (San Jose, California).

“We are really excited to announce the first group of newcomers who will join our program next year,” head coach Robert Johnson said. “Our coaching staff looks across the country to find the best, and I think we found that in this group.”

The recruiting season is really just beginning, and news of signings will come out as things progress.

”As has been the case over the last couple of years, we will continue to add to this list throughout the spring and summer as we look to build our 2016 class,” Johnson said in a statement.

Oregon posted the women’s No. 1 recruiting classes in 2011, 2014 and 2015. The men’s recruiting class was ranked second last year.

Matthew Maton

Personal Bests: 1500 — 3:49.38; 3000 — 8:18.66; 5000 — 15:54.61

Travonn White

Personal Bests: long jump — 25-10; 2000 — 22.16

Tanner Anderson

Personal Bests: 1600 — 4:13.00; 3200 — 8:56.80

Cameron Stone

Personal Bests: 400 — 46.99; 200 — 22.50

Ronna Stone

Personal Bests: shot put — 42-11.75; discuss — 153-8

Follow Christopher Keizur on Twitter @chriskeizur

Previous post

Dr. Rocket brings a classic glam sound to the diverse Eugene music scene

Next post

Practice wrap up: Oregon football ends third week of practice, Marcus Mariota signs with Nike

Christopher Keizur

Christopher Keizur

Christopher is a senior sports reporter for the Emerald. His work has been published by the Moscow-Pullman Daily News, KVAL and Lane Today. He is a Tabletop games aficionado and amateur ghost hunter.