GameDayQuick Hits

Oregon football adds two recruits in two days

- Jacob Capra wasn’t going to participate in April Fools Day. So the three-star offensive lineman out of Auburn, California delayed announcing his commitment to Oregon until Thursday. “I didn’t want to put it out there on social media because of April Fools’ Day,” Capra told Andrew Nemec of the Oregonian. “I wasn’t sure people would believe me.”

– Friday morning, three-star cornerback Troy Warner announced his verbal commitment to Oregon. Warner, out of Mission Hills High School (San Marcos, California), is the 25th ranked cornerback in the 2016 recruiting class, according to Rivals. After Capra’s and Warner’s commitments, Oregon has seven committed recruits in their 2016 recruiting class.

– The outdoor track and field season is right around the corner and Emerald sports reporter Christopher Keizur has a preview.

– Softball senior outfielder Janie Takeda was taken 26th overall in the National Pro Fastpitch League draft by the Dallas Charge.

– The University of Oregon Student Recreation Center has been huge for the school’s swim club.

– Sand Volleyball is heading into its second season at Oregon. Emerald sports reporter Ryan Kostecka previews the season.

– Freshman baseball pitcher Jacob Corn allowed one hit in 5.2 innings pitched against Seattle University as Oregon ended its four-game losing streak with a 4-0 win.

Follow Joseph Hoyt on Twitter @JoeJHoyt

Previous post

Charles Nelson makes unexpected switch to defense

Next post

Reboots of our favorite films soon to be taking over Hollywood

Joseph Hoyt

Joseph Hoyt

Hello,
My name is Joseph Hoyt and I'm a junior journalism major at the University of Oregon. For tips, questions or concerns, e-mail me at jhoyt@dailyemerald.com