Men's Basketball

Oregon men’s basketball: Joseph Young makes All-Pac-12 second team, Mike Moser earns honorable mention

The Pac-12 announced its 2013-14 men’s basketball awards and all-conference teams Monday morning, and two Ducks earned accolades.

Guard Joseph Young made the second team and forward Mike Moser earned an honorable mention for the Ducks (22-8, 10-8 Pac-12), who finished the regular season tied for third in the conference. Both players transferred to Oregon prior to the 2013-14 season.

Young, a redshirt junior from Houston, led Oregon in scoring this season at 18.2 points per game. He shot 46.3 percent from the field, 40.6 percent from three-point range and 89.2 percent from the free throw line. He also averaged 2.9 rebounds per game and 2.0 assists. @@

Moser, a redshirt senior from Portland, Ore., finished second on the team behind Young with 13.7 points per game. He shot an identical field goal percentage to Young, and hit 37.9 percent of his three-pointers and 74.6 percent of his free throws. The back-to-back Pac-12 player of the week also recorded a team-high 8.2 rebounds per game. @@

Arizona, which lost to Oregon 64-57 on Saturday, dominated the conference awards. Guard Nick Johnson won Pac-12 player of the year, Sean Miller won coach of the year and forward Aaron Gordon won freshman of the year. @@ facts checked @@

The entire all-Pac-12 teams and awards can be seen here.

The Ducks will take on Oregon State Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas.

Previous post

Video: Profile on James Cooper and ROTC

Next post

Raw video: Johnathan Loyd on Oregon's first game of Pac-12 tournament versus Oregon State

Daily Emerald Archives

Daily Emerald Archives