News

Top news: Local stories from around Eugene on Oct. 30

Crime rises in Eugene, FBI report says
A report containing 2011 crime statistics showed that crime in Eugene rose 12 percent from 2010, according to The Register-Guard.

While vehicle thefts were down in 2011, a higher number of reported burglaries and larcenies contributed to the overall increase in property crimes.

Downtown building available for purchase
Eugene is in the search for buyers of a property in downtown Eugene with a market value of over $ 750,000, according to The Register-Guard.

The building on Olive Street, between Broadway and West 10th Avenue is currently home to Bradford’s Home Entertainment.

In January, Eugene City Council will review and select a proposal for the building

EPD continues crime prevention campaign
Eugene Police Department will once again host a forum for crime prevention Tuesday night in Eugene, according to KEZI.

Sgt. Lisa Barrong will be in the Jefferson Westside Neighborhood providing recent crime statistics and tips on how to avoid becoming suspect to property crimes.

The meeting will be from 7-8:15 p.m. at the First Methodist Church on Olive Street. .Similar forums will be held throughout November and December.

Ejection total at Ducks game: 38
Oregon’s 70-14 victory over the Buffaloes on Saturday was accompanied by 38 ejections of fans from Autzen Stadium, according to The Register-Guard.

Twenty-three were escorted out due to alcohol-related ejections, while another 11 were kicked out due to ticket misuse or unauthorized ejection.

Previous post

Photos: Oregon basketball — Ducks handle Concordia Cavaliers 102-75 in exhibition opener

Next post

Zone Read PM: Avery Patterson on Marqise Lee and Robert Woods, Lane Kiffin on the Trojans loss to Arizona

Daily Emerald Archives

Daily Emerald Archives